cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Adding Optional/Additional Modules to New Install

DanMayer
1-Newbie

Adding Optional/Additional Modules to New Install

Hi,

I install Creo 2.0 on user machines here about 1/year so my experience is pretty limited and i have since forgotten the procedure. Can anyone tell me how to add these modules below to a new standard install? I don't see them listed as such in Edit Configuration on the installer gui and we are licensed for them. thanks....Dan

Structure or Mechanica

Thermal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You have to configure the license to add those. See the attached presentation. Pages 22-40 specifically.

Hi,

add Creo Simulate entries to feature.dat file located at <installdir>\Common Files\Mxxx\mech\text\licensing\mech directory.

Example:

MEC_BASIC_UI "MECBASICUI_License"

MEC_BASIC_ENG "MECBASICENG_License"

STRUCT_UI "<No license features>"

STRUCT_ENGINE "<No license features>"

STRUCT_THERMAL_UI "<No license features>"

STRUCT_THERMAL_ENGINE "<No license features>"

MH

Martin Hanák

Dan,

In addition to all above responses, Structure or Mechanica & Thermal part of Simulate. You need to install Simulate as well.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:DanMayer)

Hello Dan,

did the hints about module selection and licensing help you getting your installation duties done for this year?

If yes, please mark the most helpful post as Correct Answer to signal the thread as resolved (sorry you can select only one as Correct, but you can also mark additional ones as Helpful).

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags