cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Annotations in representations

anicot
3-Visitor

Annotations in representations

This is not possible to keep annotations linked on the component to their exploded position during a conversion.

9 REPLIES 9
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:anicot)

Arnaund,

Welcome to the forum.

If after you explode the view, try a regen and see if the tags are reattached to the parts.

Thanks, Dale

Hello, yes it works in Proe. Not in CreoView after creation of the viewable.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

So if I understand correct. You have the tags placed properly in the exploded view and then export (convert) it to CreoView. Upon opening the CreoView file, the tags are not in the proper place?

Sounds like a bug that needs to be reported.

not exactly.

In fact there is an option in Creoview "default exploded" that everyone can use in Lite version :

PrtScr+capture.jpg

When I click on this functionnality. contrary to Proe, the tag placed on the target component doesn't folow component.

I hope you undestand what I try to explain.

anicot
3-Visitor

It would be great if you could upgrade this functionnality.

RubenPas
9-Granite

Hi All,

We escalated this @ PTC.

We create assemblies in CP2 M060 and create multiple annotation sets.

When published by Windchill, it works great for section views, notes etc

but...

when you have multiple exploded views, it will not work. It only works for the exploded view which is last saved.

PTC claims to fix this in CP3 M030, Q1 2015

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:RubenPas)

Hello Ruben, is there a reference for this, like an SPR or a Technical Support case with PTC? Maybe we can share a link to an article about this fix (which then hopefully gets updated in time). Thanks, Gunter

rpas
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

HI, Yes there is a reference.

I do have a ppt here about the issue, where can I upload a PDF? or should I take snapshots from the presentation?

Call: 11856987

1. Comment created by xx (PTC) on 25-Jun-2014 01:50:18 EDT

3. Enhancement SPR 2216664 was opened to support multiple Explode Views
So it is not possible to make sure that the Annotations and the Leader-Lines are placed correctly in all published views.
The only possibility to fulfill the needs is to enhance Creo Parametric, Pro/Toolkit, Creo View Object Adapter, and Creo View.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:rpas)

Thank you Ruben!

I can see that SPR 2216664 is currently under discussion in Product Line Management.

The reference article in our database is CS165602: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS165602

It looks as if it sufficiently describes the issue.

But anyway: To insert pictures or videos into your posts or to attach files, you need to switch to the Advanced Mode of the Editor first.

Gunter

Top Tags