cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Another MAJOR tech support blunder!

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Another MAJOR tech support blunder!

This is beginning to drive me up a wall. ...and it is costing me more than the maintenance I paid for.

Today I tried to access the old Pro/E 2001 files and wanted to download the Pro/Fly-Through install files.

Well, that FTP site is no longer serving the files and -appears- to simply not accept the provided password. In fact, this FTP site doesn't even require a password.

The files are simply no longer located there and the download server needs to be updated.

Okay, now it doesn't take a genius to write tech support a little note about this and to get the files I need and have the download site updated...

Care to guess what they decided to do?

THEY FREAKIN' RESET MY PTC ACCOUNT PASSWORD AND CLOSED THE CASE!

PTC: You really need to get a handle on your tech support!

I give up!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Dude!

Sorry to hear that, but thank you for sharing! That almost sounds as bad as my corporate (outsourced) tech. support!

FYI: In the past, I've gone back and escalated tech. supported issues like this and it has worked. Not fun.

I wish you luck.

Josh

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:JoshH)

I know... and I did.

I got a call back from a different tech support engineer and again... SERIOUSLY!... -AGAIN- the tech didn't review the case fully before calling. So I was kept on the phone when I walked the tech through the entire process and discovery only to have them say they will get back me. Still no file.

That is $50 of my time I lost in one day just because two separate tech support engineers are unwilling to investigate a case fully -before- contacting the customer. PTC should be -very- ashamed of themselves for allowing such poor service.

Top Tags