cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Auto-Preselect on Tabbing through dialogs

cpipe
3-Visitor

Auto-Preselect on Tabbing through dialogs

I am using Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M120 and have a question about the dialog boxes. Is there a way to configure this version to aout-preselect the contents of a cell in the dialog boxes when you tab into the cell?

For example, when I start a new part I like to complete as many of our parameters as are known and would like to just tab through the parameter list (see screen shot) and continue typing. Since my current "config" doesn't preselect the contents of each cell, I have to grab my mouse and drag or double-click the cell to highlight its default contents before I start to enter any new information. This process is slow and annoying to me.
[Description: cid:image002.jpg@01CD23C6.3D018920]

Thanks!

Chris J Pipe
Engineering Systems Analyst
trans-matic
300 East 48th St.
Holland, MI 49423
phone (616) 820-2537
www.transmatic.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
cpipe
3-Visitor
(To:cpipe)

Well, here's the best (and only) feedback on this. I would consider this a work-around, but it does keep the hands on the keyboard which might be a little faster.

May not be the best option but - once you tab into the cell you can hold the shift key and puss the end button (or home button, if at the end of the text string) That will highlight the contents...then just delete or type new info.
Once it's selected or highlighted; you can also do (Shift + F10) that's the same as right click and will bring up the copy/past menu if you need to.
All without using the mouse.

Thanks Tracy.

Chris Pipe<">mailto:->
Eng. Sys. Analyst
trans-matic

Top Tags