cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Borrowed licenses not working w/ Creo 7, but does w/ Creo 10?

rcrisp
2-Guest

Borrowed licenses not working w/ Creo 7, but does w/ Creo 10?

We are experiencing an issue with borrowed licenses. We installed Creo 10.0.3.0 (we also run Creo 7.0.4.0) and since the Creo 10 install, Creo 7 will only run when connected to the network, and will not run from a borrowed license. We appear to be correctly borrowing a license using the ptcborrow.bat in "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 10.0.3.0\Parametric\bin" folder. Creo 10 will run from the borrowed license, but Creo 7 will not run. We receive the following error...

License Warning

License request failed for feature

Requesting PROE_DesignAdvP...

FLBCache: (-1) Cannot find License file.

-96: Cannot connect to license server.

Run ptcstatus.bat for server status.

APX failed to load.

IPX failed to load.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:rcrisp)

Might be something to take up with the folks who sold you the licenses, since they are often much more experienced with this kind of thing.

However, taking a guess, if you are using borrowed licenses, does that mean you need to have FlexLM installed on the borrowing computer? If so, I think you might be running into troubles due to the versions of FlexLM not being the same on all the participating computers. I know when we went to a more recent version (Creo 9) I had to update the FlexLM server in order to use the latest license file. They seem to be doing that more and more often, probably to deal with security issues and such.

We don't use borrowed licenses, so this is just a wild guess on my part, but you never know, maybe it's a good guess?

Ken,

We are updated to the newest FlexLM license manager required to run Creo 10, and the borrowed license works fine with Creo 10. It just now doesn’t work with Creo 7, but only with the borrowed license. It works fine when connected to our server.

Thank you

Hi,

borrow license using ptcborrow.bat located in Creo 7.0 installation. I think you will be able to start Creo 7.0 with borrowed license.

---

I guess that Creo 7.0 uses different libraries than Creo 10.0 when borrowing license and therefore you fell into trouble.

You can verify my idea with PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags