cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

CREO 6.0.4 VS 6.0.5

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

CREO 6.0.4 VS 6.0.5

I have noticed that CREO 6.0.5 os released. Where I can find the improvement s made?

Hope that PTC have worked a lot in stability.

12 REPLIES 12
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:T_F)

You do realize that Creo 6 is already out-of-date and is out of support.

Once Creo 7 was released, Creo 4, 5 & 6 support ended.

Don't agree with that since it takes time to plan a migration to a new release when using Windchill.

But it is what it is.

There should be a What's New document with the new release.

There may be a Update Tool that compares your current version to the new version and lists the changes. Don't remember the exact name of it.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:BenLoosli)

I think it's to soon to upgrade to CREO 7. I have started working with CREO 6.0.2. and definitely, it was to soon.i haven't seen a so unreliable release. It became better with 6.0.3 and 6.0.4.

I started using CREO 6 coming from CREO 5.0.5, and I never achieved the same stability that I had in CREO 5.

I start using CREO in 5.0.5 coming from CATIA. I should say, that CATIA was the most robust and reliable cad software that I hever used. And CREO 5.0.5 wasn't Equal in stability, but was ok. In 6 it was always a step backwards.

I think I won't upgrade to Creo 7 before 7.0.4. and plus there is also windchill. I'm using 11.0

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windchill 11.0 does not support Creo 7.

You will need a Windchill upgrade to 11.1 or 11.2 before you can move to Creo 7.

Creo 5 & 6 are not supported on Windchill 12.0.

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/7D7FD7E6AF4345EB966D59ADD7F1316C.pdf?sc_lang=en

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

That's one point

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It would be interesting to know if Creo 7 is just "not supported" or if it's truly "not compatible" with Windchill 11.0.  I have Creo 7.0 installed and configured, and it seems to work just fine with Windchill 11.0 M030.  I can create new files, modify existing files, and check things in and out without any obvious errors.  No issues on the publishing side either.  Haven't officially rolled it out due to PTC's stated lack of compatibility, but I wonder if maybe it's good enough to use with Windchill 11.0 while transitioning to Windchill 12.0.  Is it truly incompatible, or just not supported?  Sure would be nice if someone from PTC could chime in...

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

I have made the same test, and it worked. I haven't configured the worker with 7. But check out, check in, it worked.

I think I will wait a bit more to install CREO 7 and windchill 12.0. with that, it will be possible to work a long time with this combination, rather than upgrading every year

Has anyone experience with 6.0.4 and it's stability?I don't mind comparisons between 6 and 4.

Knowing what I know today, I would be working today with 4, and would upgrade in the beginning of next year to 7.0 and windchill 11.2 or 12

TomU
23-Emerald IV

We're currently running Creo 6.0.4.0.  No specific issues with this build that we've run into...

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Tom,

Which CPS are you using with Windchill 11.0 M030?

I have 3 Windchill systems and due to issues with installing CPS patches, they are on 3 different versions.

I have CP6, CPS8 and CPS16 running.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Currently on CPS16.  Haven't put anything newer on because I keep intending to upgrade to Windchill 12 and I didn't want to break compatibility with the latest version.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

When do you think that  CREO 7 Will be stable enough to be implemented?

I will need to upgrade to a newer release of windchill according to PTC. I have in mind windchill 12.0

When do you think that CREO 7 and windchill 12 Will be stable enough?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

If you read the notes on Windchill 12 and look at the product calendar, you will see that the first long-term release of Windchill12 will be 12.0.2 in Q2 2021. With that will be Creo 7.0.4 in May 2021.

It would depend on your current Windchill release for when you want to use Creo 7.

For me, I am on WIndchill11.0 m030, which does not support Creo 7. My current plan is to upgrade to Windchill 11.1 m020, which has a longer life than 11.2, with Creo 4, then do the Creo 7 upgrade. When 12.0.2 is released and 'stable' that will be my 2021 upgrade.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Probably it will be the same for me second quarter of 2021

Top Tags