cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can 2001 and Creo co-exist?

cstarnes
10-Marble

Can 2001 and Creo co-exist?

Can Creo be installed on a Win 7 machine that is still running Pro/E 2001 with a local license server, and have the two happily coexist?

The license file is for Creo 2 and will also run 2001, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm mainly concerned about possible conflicting registry entries and common environment variables or folders.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I would not expect any conflicts between ProE 2001 and Creo 2.0. I am not sure whether ProE 2001 will cooperate with graphic card properly.

MH

Martin Hanák

Not sure what you mean by "whether ProE 2001 will cooperate with graphic card properly".

ProE 2001 is already running on the PC in question. I just want to install and run Creo alongside it (one at a time of course).

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cstarnes)

The key to making this work is installing Creo2 into a new top  level directory structure.

Being a Win7 machine, the graphics card should have up-to-date drivers that will work with Creo2. Since you have no issues with Pro/E 2001 running, you should be good.

Creo 3 is a different matter. A card that works on Creo 2, may not work with Creo 3 because of changes in the software. One of our light users had a Dell that had a AMD Radeon HD 6450, that worked fine with Creo 2. In Creo 3 it will not cut away the front part of a cross section. We had to change the graphics back to win32_gdi to solve the problem.

Wow. I wouldn't expect graphics cards to be an issue at all these days.

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:cstarnes)

Dude.  Talk you customer using 2001 to upgrade LOL

Bart Brejcaha

Design-engine.com

Top Tags