cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Can we install Creo 3 without the datecode folder to allow for mapping of config files to text folder?

jwagh
17-Peridot

Can we install Creo 3 without the datecode folder to allow for mapping of config files to text folder?

In our company, IT copies our config files to the text folder of ProE every time someone logs into their computer. However, in Creo 3, we noticed the folder structure is by datecode. This makes it much harder for an automated system to map through a folder structure that is changing every few months and where some users may be on different date codes than others. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

yes. Thank you. I was able to figure it out. I used:

@echo off

set install_loc=C:\PTC\Creo 3.0

for /d %%a in ("%install_loc%\*") do (

copy "****network folder****\config.pro" "%%a\Common Files\text\" /Y

copy "****network folder****\config.sup" "%%a\Common Files\text\" /Y

)

@echo on

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JariElomaa
13-Aquamarine
(To:jwagh)

Hi Joseph,

At least for Creo 2 you can setup the batch file to recognize the date code version you are using so you don't need to modify the batch file after each update.

See slide 33 on this presentation: http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3205-5-45122/CUST134_Creo_Creo_Admin_101_Haigh.pdf

I hope it works for Creo 3 as well. Let me know if you got it working.

Joseph,

You can use batch file as refer the PDF suggested by Jari

yes. Thank you. I was able to figure it out. I used:

@echo off

set install_loc=C:\PTC\Creo 3.0

for /d %%a in ("%install_loc%\*") do (

copy "****network folder****\config.pro" "%%a\Common Files\text\" /Y

copy "****network folder****\config.sup" "%%a\Common Files\text\" /Y

)

@echo on

Top Tags