cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cannot modify this parameter.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine

Cannot modify this parameter.

A user here keeps getting the warning message "Cannot modify this parameter." when saving their model.  Is there an easy way to find the parameter that "this" is referring to? We are using Creo 2.0 M180.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:kpark-2)

I would look at the message log or the trail file. I would also look at relations to see if there's an attempt to change a PDM driven parameter.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dschenken
21-Topaz I

I would look at the message log or the trail file. I would also look at relations to see if there's an attempt to change a PDM driven parameter.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:dschenken)

There are no relations in the model but I will look at the trail file and see if it gives any insight.  Thanks!

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

I think this will a part specific problem. Check if that part is read only.... Or backup the data. If working with Windchill, disconnect from Windchill and try saving the model in standalone mode of Creo. This may confirm that problem is from Winchill attributes or standard parameters only. AND yes and trail file may help in debugging this. 

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thank you to you both!  I disconnected from Windchill and the issue was still there so I checked the trail files and found the offending part.  It was a specific relation within one part of a larger assembly.  Thanks again!

Top Tags