cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Changing part appearances in drawings

Caleb_S
4-Participant

Changing part appearances in drawings

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.4.0

I am making a drawing for an assembly. I want to be able to change the appearances/colors of various parts for different drawing views (the drawing views have their "Display style" set to "Shading With Edges"). This way I can highlight the different parts in each drawing view.

To accomplish this I have created multiple bodies of each part. Each body has a different appearance/color assigned to it. I then have a family table in each part that can suppress/resume each one of the bodies. In the assembly I have multiple simplified representations that use the various instances of each part. This allows the different appearances/colors of each part to show up in each of the simplified representations. This works great in the model, but the different appearances/colors do not show up properly in the drawing views. The colors are all wrong in the drawing. Its like the appearances are brought into the drawing properly or something How can I fix this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Caleb_S wrote:

Here is a simplified assembly and drawing showing what I am trying to do. In the assembly the parts change appearances/colors with each simplified representation. But in the drawing they do not.

Hi,

please watch attached video.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I don't believe that any other user creates similar drawings. If you want someone to try to help you, then create a set of test data, pack it into a zip file and upload this file.

Martin Hanák
Caleb_S
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Here is a simplified assembly and drawing showing what I am trying to do. In the assembly the parts change appearances/colors with each simplified representation. But in the drawing they do not.

@Caleb_S wrote:

Hi,

please watch attached video.

Martin Hanák
Caleb_S
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you Martin!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags