cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Column width vs width of text in the column of a table

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Column width vs width of text in the column of a table

Your help would be appreciated.

I have a BOM where the column width is 35 characters. If I was to change this to 30 characters, there will be some descriptions in the column that would overlap with the column next to it. I would like to left justify the text and have standard width unless the characters are two long for the column. Then I would like the width factor to be adjusted such that the text fills up the column. Is there a config to adjust for this application?

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dale,

I don't think there is any such functionality in the software to do that. If I can't reduce the lenth of the text, and can't increase the length of the column, I usually indivudally adjust the text hieght, text width or both to make it fit.

Tim

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-893484)

Thanks Tim. I was just seeing if there was any automated way to have the text adjust width factor if it is longer than the column that it is in with out having to manually adjust it.

Top Tags