cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Commercial License with Educators License

ptc-5405387
1-Newbie

Commercial License with Educators License

I am an professional engineer and have my own commercial license of Creo. I am also a coach of a FIRST Robotics FTC Team and wish to help my kids with learning and using Creo. I know I can't open any of their files with my commercial license nor can I create files for them to open. I understand why so I just want to make sure I can set my machine up to run the educator's license to review their work and support them.

Does anyone know if I can run both a commercial license and educators license on the same machine?

If I can, what things do I need to do to not mess up my current commercial configuration?

Thanks for any Help, Mark

P.S. If this is the wrong forum to discuss this, I appologize and hope someone could direct me to the correct place to get help.

1 REPLY 1

Mark,

information about license server and Creo license is included in the file with psf extension located in Creo2_LOADPOINT\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin directory. Default psf file is named parametric.psf.

"Important" lines:

DESC= ... contains description identifying used license

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-= ... contains path to license file

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME= ... contains license name

You can copy parametric.psf to parametric_EDUC.psf (for example) and modify the above mentioned lines to contain information specific for EDUCATIONAL license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags