cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Component Operations

justgeo
1-Newbie

Component Operations

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to use the MERGE and CUT OUT functions under Component Operations. However they are greyed out. Is there a config setting that needs to be set or some specific order of selecting parts in the assembly?

Thanks for the help.

Justin Giaquinto

Covidien

Boulder CO

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Justin,

I think you need the Advanced Assembly license to do these operations. Do you have this license pack?

James
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:justgeo)

Did we already address this?

We use Merge and Cutout daily and we do not have "Advanced Assembly Extension".

This is a core funtion and should be available to you. When you select "Component Operations", you should see the old Pre-Wildfire Menu Manager with both options listed among others. I have never seen these greyed out.

Do you have a screen capture?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They won't work in a simplified rep.

I don't think a simplified rep will grey the commands out. Check and make sure there are no failed models in the assembly

and that you have a 'green' light on the bottom......... Still thinking!

A.DelNegro
4-Participant
(To:justgeo)

We have had Pro/E thru WF4 without the AAX and have always had this
functionality. I'm not sure if that changed or not with Creo.

Tony

There are no Simp Reps in the assembly, no failed components, and everything had been regenerated.

Here's a screen shot of it greyed out.

Actually I'm trying to cut out this clip shape frrom the bottom of the frame. So yea, there is interferance between the two parts. Smiley Happy

Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:22 PM
To: Giaquinto, Justin
Subject: RE: [proecad] - RE: Component Operations

Justin,

Just throwing this out and it may have already been suggested – Have you tried resizing your pins so that there is a definite interference between the components to see if this “un-greys” the commands?

Just a thought.

Scott Schultz

Principal Consultant

3D Relief Inc.

3700 Willow Creek Drive

Raleigh, NC 27604

Top Tags