cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Config.win losing custom menu on drawing side...

DarrinHiebert
1-Newbie

Config.win losing custom menu on drawing side...

I've posted about this before, but at my whits end now, and if anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd sure appreciate it.

We have a customized config.win, including custom icons, custom menus that have flyouts, the whole nine yards. We've been carrying that along since WF2, and when we upgraded to WF5, we had some "weird" things that kept happening, and I never could figure them out. I asked the group then what I should do, and the general consensus was that I should start completely over with a blank config.win, and totally recreate our menu structure from scratch in WF5.

Well, I've done that. And, that STILL has not corrected one of the most annoying problems that we were having, and continue to have. We have a custom menu, that's ONLY on the drawing side, that disappears, as near as I can tell, randomly, and the only way to get it back, is to reload the config.win, the same thing we were doing before. But, here's what else is weird about this. After reloading the config.win, icons will be rearranged, again, seemingly at random. So, there's more to the story, than just this menu disappearing.

I understand that I have to work on the config side in drawing independently of the model side, and I'm fine with that, but I can't get this thing to stick reliably on the drawing side.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, is there a fix? I AM READY TO SCREAM over this. THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Bill reminded me that there was a bug on this in "earlier" builds of Pro. I don't know how early, early is, but we're currently on M040, so we're not on a first release by any means...
Top Tags