cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Cosmetic thread lines on drawings

JamesBurcham
4-Participant

Cosmetic thread lines on drawings

Does anyone know if there is a config setting to prevent the cosmetic lines for threads from showing up on your drawings when a view is placed.  I know I can erase them, but since we never show then, I would just like to not have them show up at all.  I've been searching the config files and have not been able to find anything for this.  Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

You could create a cosmetic layer and then hide it.

Thanks for the response.  I know there are several ways to eliminate them. I'm specifically looking for a config setting that prevents these from showing up at all.

in your config, you could put:

def_layer     layer_thread_feat     thread <or what ever layer you want it to go on>

This will auto assign cosmetic threads to a layer, here named "thread" and you can by default hide this layer

I am not certain a config option exists, but you can turn off cosmetic features "per view" by right clicking the view and select "erase cosmetics"

If you have maintenance, you can create a support case and ask PTC directly if this option is available as a config setting.

Most likely, it would have to be a setting in the drawing's config.DTL file.

You might try fasthlr_drawing yes in your config.pro. As I remember, the reason we don't use it is that thread cosmetics didn't show in the drawing.

This setting did prevent it from creating the cosmetic lines for threads, but it also changed so everything comes into the drawing following the color from the model, instead of just being white lines.  Any idea why it did that?

I am not seeing the color problem, but pipe centerlines show where they were hidden before and edges of curves turn phantom or disappear.  I guess you don't want this solution.Your request just triggered some old recollections.fasthlr.png

Top Tags