cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Create coordinate system at Center of Gravity

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Create coordinate system at Center of Gravity

We are trying to create a coordinate system or datum point at the Center of Gravity. When we do a mass properties, it shows us where the COG is located and briefly shows us on the model but it does not save the location.

We tried saving the mass property calculation and selected the COG for x, y, z as the information we want to keep. This creates a mass property feature on the model tree, but we can't figure out how to use this to create a coordinate system or datum point at that location.

I know this can't be this hard.

Someone help me please.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Create an ANALYSIS feature for the mass properties, then there is a tab allowing you to create a point at the cog...
Thanks… Pa

I believe that, for the extra options on the ANALYSIS feature, you need BMX.

I created a video for our Portuguese group that sidewinds this. Aside
from any text, the actions should be easy to follow.

Here's the video
<.">https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=WtXe4uPvZZQ&list=UUEr8SToP6BCuzkKNGEZaDxg&index=1&feature=plcp&hd=1>.

Rui

On 13.08.

Rui is correct in that the options are blanked out because we do not have BMX.

Rui, Thank you for the video. I will try my best to follow it and see if I can replicate.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Rui,

Your process worked perfectly. I was able to recreate it and get what we wanted.

Thank you very much for sharing the video. I created my own for my users and two of them have already used it.

Excellent. Good to know.

On 14.08.

I recreated the video Rui shared with us and uploaded it to my CreoJunkie Youtube channel. I am sharing it here just in case anyone finds it useful.

Rui, I gave you credit on my video so I hope that's OK. If not, just let me know and I will edit it out.

Thanks again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvTUyo5R1SE&feature=plcp

Top Tags