cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 2.0 M070 - many crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 M070 - many crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all,

I am totally unhappy with the stability in M070. I was told that M060 was having know crash issues, and now I have upgraded to M070 and it seems to be worse. Is it too much to ask for PTC just to "make it work"????? Totally frustrated with this system.

Buddy Hudson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Bryant,

did you install M070 as clean new installation ? If you just upgraded existing installation, try to remove it and start with clean new installation of M070.

Also can you provide some examples of crashes ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hey Martin, yes it was a totally clean install. That is the crazy thing, is it happens at all kinds of random times. Had one this morning again. User was simply adding an assembly to the workspace, and some fastners were out of date, and always we get the conflict that adding this would cause the current instance to become incompatible in the workspace, which I still have not figured out how to get around without having the user remove the generic and instances from the workspace, then try add to workspace again. Its a cluster! Should just work better than this. There are many other modes of crashing part mode, drawing mode, assembly, etc.

Next? also tech support is a joke. 95% of them cannot even communicate in English which is freakin ridiculous!

Buddy

Its funny how when I try new things in Creo, I get many crashes... even repeated ones. But once I "slow down" and follow a more systematic approach, it begins to behave. I think of this as the software somehow "tripping over itself" when you get the pale window just prior to a hard crash. I think this still goes back to the old Unix kernel which windooze simply cannot handle.

I haven't upgraded to M070 and am still working on M040. I can still crash it but for the most part it is stable. I'm afraid of getting halted in the middle of a project due to upgrading. I have already seen things fail that worked fine back in M020 (and reported of course!). Have you considered downgrading back to a much earlier version? M020 was pre-windooze 8 and M030 was the first performance slow-down from the windooze 8 implementation. M040 was a minor improvement. I can't speak for M050 - M070 since I just bypassed them for now.

Bryant,

unfortunatelly I have no idea about the cause of crashes...

In the past I met situation when random crashes were related to graphic drivers. In these cases std.out file was created and contained well known message "Exception - code was -1073741819". There is a simple test you can try - add graphics win32_gdi option at the end of your config.pro file temporarily and work in nonOPENGL mode for some time. If crashes will not appear then (I think) you can install different version of graphic drivers.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Same here, haven't had a crash since updating the graphics driver. Used the latest available graphics driver from Dells website, not NVidia.

MAGNUS SALOMONSSON wrote:

Same here, haven't had a crash since updating the graphics driver. Used the latest available graphics driver from Dells website, not NVidia.

Yes, I found this to be very important as well. The NVidia drivers from the NVidia site on Dell computers are very buggy. When Dell publishes updates on their site, they seem to be much more reliable.

I have not problem too.

Try this without config.pro

Software consultant.
dgoodland
4-Participant
(To:BuddyHudson)

Well... we have been on Creo 2.0 070 for two weeks. It was running great! then this week we have had a silly amount of crashes! I myself have started getting locked up just hitting the "?" in the corner today. There is a 95% Creo 2.0 vanish rate using "update".

dgoodland
4-Participant
(To:dgoodland)

11 months later - and at last! we have moved on to a new build code! (120) and it has made a HUGE difference! <eom>

Top Tags