cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 2.0 M090 - hanging when exiting

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Creo 2.0 M090 - hanging when exiting

Creo is hanging when closing, file exit and window close both give the same results. Most of the time the users has to kill the process to get the program to close. This is happening on many computers, and there are no hidden inputs that the system to waiting for.......Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've noticed similar behaviour with M090. We upgraded to M100 and so far it seems to be ok.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

When you are closing Creo do you have part or assembly models open? I know I have had problems in the past when I had models open and I tried to close, but even then it would hang for a while, but still close itself. It never took more then a minute or two. Is this something that just started or has it been this way since you installed Creo?

You could try reinstalling Creo and see if that fixes it. Thats not the best solution, but it is a relatively simple option.

I've noticed similar behaviour with M090. We upgraded to M100 and so far it seems to be ok.

We see the same issue at our site from time to time with M090. Not exactly sure what's causing it. In normal usage so far it seems random.

A couple observations:

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but it seems not to hang as often if I wait a few seconds before hitting the yes button to confirm the shut down of Creo.

In the beginning of testing out M090, we were playing around with config.pro options and sometimes would have our user config.pro file open in notepad upon exit. That seemed to make hanging on exit happen more often.

I installed M110 on everyone's computer....solved the hanging issue.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:GregOlson)

Don't forget to mark your answer as correct.

Top Tags