cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Creo 2.0 and Wildfire 5.0 on same machine - test site

jhall2
6-Contributor

Creo 2.0 and Wildfire 5.0 on same machine - test site

Hello all,

I searched around the forum and couldn't seem to find this question, so here we go.

We are about to update from Creo Elements Wildfire 5.0 to Creo 2.0 and Windchill 9 to Windchill 10. We are wondering if we need a seperate computer set up as a stand alone test site, or can this be done on a production machine which we are currently using to model and work with?

I suspect it would be best to have a seperate installation rather than some sort of dual installation.

Thanks,

James

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jhall2)

I have them on the same machine. You have to have a separate installation directories and separate config.pro directories else it will over write the old ones even if you are doing a clean install.

Once that is done, should should be good. Just remember that you don't want to open and save any current - non test files and save them in Creo 2.0 because thing are not backwards compatible.

With those thing in mind, you could copy some test files to a new directory and work on them there so that if an assembly is called up in WF5, you don't get any issues with a part already being saved in C2.0.

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I forgot to mention that I do not have windchill this was just WF5 and Creo.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby III

James,

if you want to test Creo 2.0 linked to Windchill 10, then it would be better to set up separate computer as a stand alone test site. This is my personal opinion, only.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
jhall2
6-Contributor

Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the seperate computer idea. I am more comfortable with that.

James.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags