cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo 2.0-m010 available

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Creo 2.0-m010 available

I noticed today that m010 is available. Unfortunately the update adviser currently doesn't have a listing of what's fixed in m010.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

8 REPLIES 8
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:davehaigh)

Yes, I saw it yesterday and downloaded it. Now I can not uninstall creo2 f000 - getting ERROR, unable to run the uninstaller. Anybody run in to this?

F000 was not able to be uninstalled you have to delete the folders. This was why they released a F001 date code.

Andy Hermanson
Engineering Design Applications

tel 605.275.1040 x51114 mobile 605.310.8168
website www.daktronics.com
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, there is a very simply procedure that will allow you to uninstall it. See
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

Thanks Tom

When I click on the link that Tom provided I get Error: this article does not exist?

Jim,

I received the same error as you but once I logged into the knowledgebase and did a CREO search (keyword: uninstall), the very first result is that document.And looking at it's URL, it's identical towhat Tom has provided. Strange...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Here's the contents of the article.

Title

Unable to uninstall Creo Parametric 2.0

Description

* Unable to uninstall Creo 2.0 F000
* Error "Error" when uninstalling Creo Parametric 2.0 F000
* Error "Unable to run uninstaller" when trying to uninstall Creo 2.0 F000

Applies To

Creo 2.0 (All Applications)

Cause

* Insufficient permissions to run uninstall.exe

Resolution

* Reported to R&D as SPR 2123373
* Corrected in Creo 2.0 F001
* Workaround for Creo 2.0 F000:
1. If the uninstall fails, delete the file pimuninstall.exe from your <user temp="> directory. To resolve the issue before running the uninstall skip this step.
* For Windows Vista or Windows 7 the path to <user temp="> is C:\Users\<user login=" name=">\AppData\Local\Temp
* For Windows XP the path is C:\Documents and Settings\<user name=">\Local Settings\Temp (or just enter %temp% in the Windows Explorer address area for any OS)
2. Browse to the Bin directory in each installed product in the <creo 2.0=" install=" directory="> (e.g. C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\Bin)
3. Highlight (single mouse click) uninstall.exe
4. Press Right Mouse Button,select Properties from drop down menu
5. Select General tab
6. Deselect (uncheck) Read Only Attribute.
7. Select OK to close Properties dialog box
* The Read Only Attribute must be turned off for every installed Creo 2.0 product to be uninstalled (eg: Direct, Layout, Parametric, Simulate)
1. Rerun Uninstall program from Control Panel.

I just used the on-line install for Creo 2.0 M010 and it took hours. I actually left home and found it finished this morning so I don't know how many hours it took. I do know that it was running/installing for at least 4 hours before I left.

I wonder why this is sooooooo slow.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags