cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 3 Mapkeys

cdown
4-Participant

Creo 3 Mapkeys

Guru's

I am currently going through updating and adding mapkey to Creo 3. I am having an issue when creating a new mapkey in my config.pro file. I used to be able to copy and paste and edit mapkeys in the note pad but for some reason this doesn't seem to work for new mapkeys. I can however edit old mapkeys fine.

But if I copy and paste an old mapkey and change the mapkey key (as in keystrokes) if doesn't work!

Has something changed or am I missing something....early start

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cdown)

Mapkeys are still editable, but the text they enter is not intuitive. Each letter is represented by an 8 digit code. This code is different for upper case, lower case, and where the number is entered (number pad or main keyboard area.) The letter/number displayed after this code is NOT necessarily the character that will be entered. (For example, the mapkey text will always show upper case characters even if the code is for entering a lower case character. To change the text that is entered, you must change the 8 digit code. Changing the displayed characters doesn’t do anything.

[cid:image003.jpg@01D04A8F.148650F0]

See more of my comments on this issue here:
Chris3
20-Turquoise

I'll bet this has to do with supporting special characters (periods, spaces and others in filenames) starting in Creo 4.

This more looks like a way to eliminate Mapkeys and editting of mapkeys and trail files. There is no way there are 1Billion unique characters, and sequential characters in ASCII aren't mapped in the example to sequential numbers.

lkerila
1-Newbie

None of the mapkeys that we have to add menu tabs and custom icons to the UI are working in Creo 3. Anyone know what needs to be done to make the old mapkeys compatible (without having to create them from scratch)?

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:lkerila)

Mapkeys are never backwards compatible. They always have to be re-generated.

mbrockman
6-Contributor

Has anyone figured out to nest a mapkey?  I have logged a case with PTC 4 days ago and have not heard back from them. (I miss the exploder)

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:mbrockman)

By nested do you mean one mapkey calling another? You can going to have to be a little more specific. As a trial I just created a mapkey that opens the file open dialog box and then one that cancels it and then a 3rd that calls the first 2 and it works fine.

mapkey oc %op;%cl; mapkey op ~ Command `ProCmdModelOpen` ;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `PREVIEW_POPUP_TIMER` \

mapkey(continued) `file_open:Ph_list.Filelist:<NULL>``;

mapkey cl ~ Activate `file_open` `Cancel`;

mbrockman
6-Contributor
(To:Chris3)

Christopher,

After looking at your syntax I realized that I forgot to add a ; after calling out the mapkey.

Thanks,

Mark

Top Tags