cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo 5.0 Memory Leak?

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Creo 5.0 Memory Leak?

Has anyone experienced a memory leak with Creo 5.0 M040? We work with some pretty large models and when the model is loaded I will have consumed somewhere around 55-65% of my memory. As I am working, the task manager doesn't show any  real increase in memory usage, just small changes as I open and close windows. However, my memory usage will creep up to around 95% and my computer grinds to a halt. If I sum up the total memory usage by the task a manager it does not come close to the total used.

My company is also install updates like crazy and could easily be something that they are doing as well. Or perhaps my computer memory is bad?

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Aaronm87)

You mean Creo 4.0, not Creo 5.0!

How much memory does your computer have?

How large is the swapfile?

Once a computer starts using the swapfile, it will die very quickly as it takes too long to accomplish any task, especially Creo related.

Hi,

1.] I guess you using Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 M040, this means ProE Wildfire 5.0

2.] File > Erase does not free session memory. If you work with large models, then finish session and start new one, when you are switching between different models.

Martin Hanák

Sorry I guess the date code wasn't correct. I'm using Creo 5.0.0.0.

We have one large model that I am using as I model new parts to make sure they fit. The total part count does not change, but the longer I work the more memory is used up.  The process, xtop.exe, doesn't show much increase in size (process is 3-4GB of memory). When I close Creo, I will gain about 7-8 GB of memory back (it takes a few hours of work for the memory to creep up usually) even though the process is using about half of that.

Hi,

when you launch Creo, a couple of processes is started - xtop.exe is one of them. Maybe other processes are consuming RAM...

Martin Hanák
Top Tags