cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo Element\Direct freezes after switching to 2D (Annotation)

Norbert
1-Newbie

Creo Element\Direct freezes after switching to 2D (Annotation)

Hello,

I'm trying to get into Creo Elements\Direct Modeling Personal Edition on a Windows 7 64 bit operation system.

The 3D modeling part works well so far, unfortunately every time I want to switch to the 2D part to create drawings from my 3D model, the program freezes.

Does anybody have a clue why this is the case?

What I have tested so far:

Reinstall: No change.

Switch to the 32 bit Version: No change.

Run program in virtual XP mode for Windows 7: Working, however, the Windows 7 virtual PC mode does not support the graphics card since it emulates one, thus the program is extremely slow and laggy, so this is no option.

Greetings,

Norb

1 REPLY 1

Please check the following thread.

Re: CoCreate 3.0 PE graphic error !??? Need Help

It might appear that the graphic card is not supported/certified or that the driver needs to be updated.

And if the check does not help you might test the following.

The fact that emulating the graphiccard works points towards a graphiccard issue.

Set an environment variable called SDPIXELFORMAT to SOFTWARE. When Modeling is started, it will not use any of the processing power of the graphics card. All graphics functionality will be done on the main

system processor. You can see if either one of these environment variables are set on a system by using the following to commands:

(display (format nil "PIXEL_FORMAT: ~A" (oli::sd-sys-getenv "PIXEL_FORMAT")))

(display (format nil "SDPIXELFORMAT: ~A" (oli::sd-sys-getenv "SDPIXELFORMAT")))

Top Tags