cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Elements Direct Express License Server does'nt work

rgienger
6-Contributor

Creo Elements Direct Express License Server does'nt work

We tested it from different locations but the license server does'nt work.

I am sure that we do not have a problem with the proxy server.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Question to the PTC folks: Is it possible to fix the problem?

60 REPLIES 60

01.15.2016 ? Do you meen 15. january ???

Pessimist ?? 

Meinst du die haben so lange Urlaub oder liegt die Priorität so niedrig?

Ok, die Idee zu Express stammt  noch von der Firma CoCreate und das Versprechen war das Programm auf "Lebenszeit" benutzen zu dürfen.

Die Frage ist, welche Lebenszeit gemeint ist,  meine oder die von Express.

In beiden Fällen sollte ich mir Sorgen machen.

Pessimist ?? 

Do you mean they have so long vacation or is the priority so low?

Ok, the idea to express still comes from the company CoCreate and the promise was to be allowed to use the program on "lifetime".

The question is, what lifetime is meant, mine or this of Express.

In both cases, I should be worried.

Hello everybody. What´s about your bet, what is your estimate?
(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

ja, 15.01.2015

Pessimist?? Nein, ich denke nur, dass PTC die Free-Version nicht so wichtig ist.

Pessimist?? No, I think PTC have no primary view on the free-version.

Hi,

Are you able to shed more light on this problem as it has been going on for rather a long time now. I cannot think how it can be taking such along time resolve to be honest. Can you state if this issue is going to be resolved or if PTC now feel requesting a manual licence is the way ahead? I would like to think it will be fixed and perhaps PTC would consider a more generous operating window other than 72hrs. I am starting to get a tad concerned that may be this is the begining of the end for the "Free for Life" version of the app!! I have a few models dependant on this application now and need to know if I need to rethink and move on?? I really hope not as I do enjoy this product!

Fingers crossed!!

asouthern
3-Visitor
(To:shale)

This is my concern too Steve.

It's the fact there has been no response either way.

I've built up a substantial number of models and designs in Creo Elements as it seemed more professional than "Sketch Up". If this is then no longer available for design or reference, then I will be pretty annoyed.

I use Creo/ProE at work, and Creo Elements direct at home.

-Andy Southern.

Yes, I have a fair amount of worked locked into this application so we are in the same boat!! I really am keeping my fingers crossed PTC sort this....

I've had the same issue as some of my colleagues above, for me it started on the 23rd December and I worked around it like described above. But when I wanted to open Creo Modeling edition 3.0 again today it again asked for my email, password and activation code...

Any ideas when this issue will be solved?

Happy NY!

Hello

also for you a happy new jear

>Any ideas when this issue will be solved?

No, but you can place your bet

Creo Modeling edition 3.0 ???

Is this the 30 Days trial version of Creo 3?

You are shure to be in the right forum?

Here we are talking about PTC Creo Elements Direct Express Vxx (actual V 6)

or PTC Creo Elements Direct Modeling Vxx (actual V19 M40)

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

All,

The issue is not related to any of the Topics discussed so far (Firewall, Proxy etc. is NOT the issue).

The ISSUE IS: Wrong SSL certficate - SSL connecion can't be established.

Using Wireshark and other tools I found out that Modeling Express tries to establish a SSL Connection to IP 23.253.145.50

To verify that the certificate is the root cause, open https://23.253.145.50/  in your browser

The issue is that this certificate is issued for *.ptc.com and ptc.com but the connection is established with a hard-coded IP address.

I am currently trying to fiddle around with the wrong certificate.

The key to the solution is to open the https://23.253.145.50/  successfully.

Regards,

Max

Hi Max,

i opend https://23.253.145.50/‌ and this certificate is wrong. I gave it ok, and the website "PTC Services....." comes. Starting Direct Exp. the issue for proxy still pops up.

Hi Heinrich,

In your Browser you can give an "OK" but this is not available when Express tries to establish the SSL Connection.

My hint to use a browser was only to demonstrate that the issue is with the SSL-certificate.

This doesn't mean that we have a solution, but it does mean that People no longer need to check their Internet Connection

or Firewall.

I am not sure if Modeling Express will be able to contact the "License Server at PTC" at all.

Currently, the "72 hr codeword" described by Friedhelm is the only way to run Modeling Express.

Hi Max, thanks for your answer.

Another interesting finding: IP 23.253.145.50 is identical to www.ptc.com

However, you will get different content. Compare:
https://www.ptc.com    (NO certificate error - because certificate is for *.ptc.com)

and

https://23.253.145.50/  (Certificate error - unfortunately Modeling Express is using this URL).

I guess the only solution is that PTC fixes the Modeling Express Code to contact ptc.com (instead of using a fixed IP)

(I don't think that it will be possible to generate a new SSL-certificate for IP 23.253.145.50 because this is the same

as www.ptc.com and a Server can only send *one* certificate)

No idea how this worked in previous Versions of Modeling Express.

- Max

I've been looking for a way around this for about a week now.

I'm pretty annoyed, as I've been recommending Creo Elements to loads of other engineers, and having to re-apply for licenses every 72 hours is pretty shoddy.

I love the software, I use Creo/ProE at work and Creo Elements at home (mostly open-source stuff).

Are PTC trying to fix this issue? or is this part of the wind down for Creo Elements Direct Modelling?

Thanks,

-Andy

Place.jpg

Houston, we have a problem

Feels more like "Euston, we have a problem!"

mkao
5-Regular Member
(To:rgienger)

Hi,

Just want to report that I'm having the problem as well. Hope it's gets resolved soon as it's annoying. Especially since I was trying to get some people looking for a CAD system to work with it (they have now gone for another program)..

Bye,

Ming-Hua

I suggest that users having other PTC products under Support log a Case with PTC Support to make PTC aware of this issue.

Max Kublin schrieb:

I suggest that users having other PTC products under Support log a Case with PTC Support to make PTC aware of this issue.

I did that last time (more than a year ago) when this issue occurred.

I got contact and someone has forwarded the issue.

A few days later the server was back.

Some time later, I wanted again to make an other inquiry.

Have answered nicely to all mandatory fields and explained the issue.

That's some work!

When I tried to send the case I got the following message.

Translated from German:

Our records indicate that services for these SCN / product combination will be done by:

"Name of Software Supporter" (Not at your company, Max)

Consult your PTC reseller, to get technical support for this product.

For questions about your maintenance contract, please contact our customer service center.

I do not know whether that is so in general for everyone, or if only I alone get a punishment for my unauthorized request.

Max, do you have already used your links to PTC ?

You're closer to the source than we

I know the "CAD side" pretty well since I was in close contact with the engineers who designed the "Modeling Express" while we were CoCreate.

The other part is the "License Server" which is basically a WebService.

The idea of the free Version was to track how often it is used - and "counting/statistics" are done at a central place (initially CoCreate, now PTC).

Since Express 6.0 has been working for a while, the root cause is 100% located behind www.ptc.com

I guess that the "CED Express License Server" has become a victim of a re-design of the Web Pages behind www.ptc.com - most likely related

to IOT.

That doesn't help much - it is just a root cause Analysis.

I'll try to reach somebody at PTC who takes ownership for the issue - but I am no longer in the position to commit a solution.

Express Users,

I have posted a request in the PTC Community Help. See:

PTC License Server for Creo Elements Direct Express dead/removed?

Regards,

Max

Yes, it is working again with me as well! Thanks to every single one of you who has contributed to having this issue resolved!!

Fred

shale
1-Newbie

Starting to get the feeling this isn't going to be fixed

Lets face it, it has been over a month now and very little comms from PTC....

Guess we will be requesting manual licence numbers every 72hr from here on in!!

Hard to complain when it is a freebie I suppose, you have to take what you are given. Like it or lump it....

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst

Well, you can pull a 72hr license as  long as PTC does not shut down the Website delivering the temp license.

The really annoying part is that there is no statement/announcement from PTC.

Yes, that is always in the back of my mind!! I guess PTC don't really care that much about this App as it is free and brings nothing in cash-wise. May be they have done their research and not enough free users go on to buy the full product. Lets not kid ourselves that is what Express is all about in the end. No such thing as a free lunch!! I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

asouthern
3-Visitor

None the less We all use it, recommend it, if its of no use to them REMOVE THE LICENSE AND MAKE IT OPEN SOURCE.

I have substantial time and effort invested in Libraries I've built up. If they pull the plug I'll be hit with substantial time requirements to re-work the designs that I've taken time doing.

It's ridiculous.

I use PTC Creo at work (ProE) - and I've always spoken highly of ProE, MathCAD and Creo Elements.

This is poisoning my goodwill.

I've spoken with a reseller, they said they would raise the issue with PTC, we can only assume they are trying to shut down the free version and wind the software down.

Poor Show.

I really don't think they will make CEDMExpress Open Source... Nice thought though.

I wish they would just say something about the issue on here to settle our concerns, or not as the case may. At least we would know where we stand.

Fingers crossed for a positve outcome! May be they are going to give us die-hard users a Life Time Licence with no need to connect!! LOL....

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Hi,

seems to be working again,

at least for me

scheint wieder zu funktionieren,

zumindest bei mir

It seems that the problem is resolved. Today activation works

me too - fine. PTC Thanks!!!

mkao
5-Regular Member

Yes, it's working again. Thanks PTC and those who contacted them.

Top Tags