cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo Elements/Pro Distributed Batch in Standalone mode?

mdebower
18-Opal

Creo Elements/Pro Distributed Batch in Standalone mode?

Okay, I am starting to feel like an idiot here...

How do you run Creo Elements/Pro Distributed Batch in Standalone mode?

I have it installed, but am evidently in Distributed mode, it keeps asking for a DSM. I do not want a DSM, I want standalone. I cannot for the life of me see how to change it.

Details:

Windows 7

Dell Laptop

Creo Elements / Pro (Wildfire 5.0 m160)

-marc

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

In Edit -> Preferences, can you set "Default DSM" to "Standalone"?

I'm looking at the WF4 version, so it may not be exactly the same...

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I logged a ticket with PTC help too, they indicated that there should be a Standalone entry in the DSM drop down box. But for me, there isn't one, so evidently something is wrong with the installation...

-marc

tmcnaney
12-Amethyst
(To:mdebower)

Are you under Edit > Preferences, or the DSM entry for a particular Task Group?

Make sure there are no Task Groups running, otherwise you will not be able to change the DSM value.

Exit Distributed Batch, and kill any nmsd.exe processes - then try ptcdbatch again and Edit > Preferences...

Check %APPDATA%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Distributed BATCH\.dbc_prefs.txt

Default.Manager=_LOCAL

Default.ManagerDesc=Standalone

Check to see if you have afirewall blocking communication or a port conflict. I think Distributed Batch tries to use port 8001 by default, and then should fail over to 8002+

Depending on what you are tyring to accomplish, you may also want to consider using a later release for batch processing.

For Creo 2.0, use M040+. https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS77409

Top Tags