cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Installation

cdown
4-Participant

Creo Installation

I have to start a new Creo installation on a machine.

I have created a disc with all of the standard folders on it for all of my standard parts, how do I get creo to always look into these folders for my standard parts or do I need to copy these into each project directory?

I'm sorry it have been a while since I have set up a stand alone Creo seat!

1 REPLY 1
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:cdown)

The way we do this is likely the "standard" way.

(1) Make a file, we call it "search.pro", probably a legacy from the earlier days of Pro/Engineer. In this file, put a list of the directories you wish to use for standard parts. Make sure you use full paths for the directories, something like:

"\\My Server\Creo Data\Standard Hardware"

"\\My Server\Shared\Customers\std-hardware\8020 Bits"

"\\My Server\Engineering\ProE\Bulk-Items"

"C:\Data\MyStuff\Custom Files"

Note that I used quotes around each entry. This is absolutely necessary if you have any spaces in directory names, etc.

(2) Put an entry in your "config.pro" file that tells Creo to use the above file. It looks like

search_path_file C:\MyProFiles\search.pro

(3) If you haven't already, put the "config.pro" file in the start directory for Creo. I have a directory called "C:\ptc" where I put this stuff, then I edit the shortcut the installer puts on my desktop to start there.

That should do it. Sorry if I missed any minutiae pertaining to the process, it's been a while since I had to do this (years, actually).

Top Tags