cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo Schematics Designs out-of-date in WWGM when connected via VPN

dmartin
11-Garnet

Creo Schematics Designs out-of-date in WWGM when connected via VPN

Has anyone else had this experience: when accessing Creo Schematics designs in the Windchill Workgroup Manager when connected via VPN, do your designs show up as out-of-date?

I'll work on a design, and regardless of whether I check it in or not, when I go home and try to access it on my company's VPN, it shows up as out-of-date in WWGM. And I can't update it, because it's not actually out of date.

The workaround is to check everything in before I leave work, and then when I get home, create a new workspace and add the objects to it, and then check everything in before I go back to work. That last part might not be required, but I'm getting into the habit of separate workspaces for home and office.

It's a nuisance, and sometimes you leave work and for whatever reason, don't check everything back in.

I plan on filing a call with PTC, but (1) I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this, and (2) I always get the same response from PTC: provide us a copy of your data and we'll attempt to reproduce. (We can't share any of our data with anyone.)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:dmartin)

Hello David,

If this issue is specific to this one design you currently work on, then PTC Technical Support will need this data to make any reasonable investigation.

But if the issue appears with every design of yours, it should be easy for you to create a simple, small example which you can share with PTC.

Regards,

Gunter

Top Tags