cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo View function vs. license matrix?

ptc-4161899
1-Newbie

Creo View function vs. license matrix?

Hello,

I have been searching online, but have yet to find, a matrix that shows for this Creo View functionality, I need to purchase that Creo View license. A simple matrix would be a very helpful reference as my company considers its requirements vs. license purchases.

Could you please provide a link to this information? Thank you.

-Andrew

4 REPLIES 4

Here's a nice comparison chart that shows the different versions of Creo View and what features are available in each version: Creo View Chart PDF

Brian Geary

http://windchill101.com

Thanks, Brian. This matrix will get the discussions going, but are there only (4) types of Creo View licenses? For example, is another license needed for the Office plug-in? Are there other add-on licenses?

That is why I asked about licenses rather than products, as licenses enable the desired functionality.

There are 3 different toolkits available for developing custom extensions to Creo View.

1. Creo View Java Toolkit - embed Creo View in Java applications.
  2. Creo View Office Toolkit - embed Creo View in Office documents.
  3. Creo View Web Toolkit - embed Creo View in web pages.

This page will give you more info about these products, but in a nutshell these toolkits are essentially programming APIs that enable software developers to create custom applications using the Creo View base components. You purchase a single license that includes source code, examples, and documentation for developing the software. In this scenario, you don't need to purchase individual licenses for each user for the additional functionality the toolkit provides.

Of course, you will still need to own base licenses for the level of Creo View features that you're using. For example, if you need the ability to export DXF files in your application then you'll need the full MCAD license for that capability.

From my experience, the toolkits are not designed for novices and they assume that you have fairly strong software development skills. Training may be available, but it's not widely available.

By the way, Creo View Express and Lite don't require license management - it's strictly based on trust between your company and PTC. The full blown MCAD versions require a license server.

Also, one license of Lite is included with each named Windchill user, whether they are a heavy or light user.

Hope this helps,

Brian Geary

http://windchill101.com

Thanks, Brian, for the additional detail. The new Creo products and licenses have raised new questions. Your information is very helpful.

-Andrew

Top Tags