cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo dictionary ?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Creo dictionary ?

Hello all,

For the first time, I just ran modelcheck on a drawing for a test. It tells me I have several words not correctly spelled but I know they are correct. So I decided to add those to the dictionary but I get a message telling there's an error opening the file user_words.

I went to see if the file is present on my computer with the explorer. It is. I've had a quick at the documentation about this and it says that the user must have the rights to add a word to this file. I'm on a single computer.

How can I define my rights to write in this file ?

Is there a config.pro option that would allow me to put this file in another location so it won't get overwritten or lost when I update Creo ?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have admin rights on your computer, then I would guess the folder was set to read-only during Creo installation. You should be able to change it to read-write.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mender
6-Contributor
(To:RaphMORIN)

The first is more a question about your OS's user interface.  To the second, the config.pro option 'modelcheck_dir' can be used to set the directory where MC configs are.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:mender)

I have the config.pro option modelcheck_dir set to a specific directory (ie D:\Pro_CFG\ModelCheck) but it looks like the dictionary is not stored there. How can I change this ?

mender
6-Contributor
(To:RaphMORIN)

I'm not sure, just looked at code.  It looked like if your modelcheck directory was somewhere else, then text/french/spell under it would be used to look for user_words.  But if you're not observing that, then it's good that setting the rights got the job done for you.

(Thinking about it, I can envision a reason that it would be set up this way, only allowing the loadpoint's user_words -- a company may not be interested in allowing individuals to declare words as OK, but instead retain control over that concept.)

For what it's worth, I'll add that we use a network install of Creo and allow all users to update the ModelCheck dictionary. We get away with it because all drawings go through a checker plus any downstream users (Mfg, Quality, Purchasing, etc.) that notice a problem are generally very eager to point out even the tiniest mistake made by Engineering. This keeps the dictionary clean enough that I don't worry about it at all. Mileage may vary depending up on the company, so anyone reading should take this into account.

If you have admin rights on your computer, then I would guess the folder was set to read-only during Creo installation. You should be able to change it to read-write.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:DonSenchuk)

Thanks Don, this is right. I changed the rights on the user_words file and it works now.

Top Tags