cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo dictionary ?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Creo dictionary ?

Hello all,

For the first time, I just ran modelcheck on a drawing for a test. It tells me I have several words not correctly spelled but I know they are correct. So I decided to add those to the dictionary but I get a message telling there's an error opening the file user_words.

I went to see if the file is present on my computer with the explorer. It is. I've had a quick at the documentation about this and it says that the user must have the rights to add a word to this file. I'm on a single computer.

How can I define my rights to write in this file ?

Is there a config.pro option that would allow me to put this file in another location so it won't get overwritten or lost when I update Creo ?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have admin rights on your computer, then I would guess the folder was set to read-only during Creo installation. You should be able to change it to read-write.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mender
6-Contributor
(To:RaphMORIN)

The first is more a question about your OS's user interface.  To the second, the config.pro option 'modelcheck_dir' can be used to set the directory where MC configs are.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:mender)

I have the config.pro option modelcheck_dir set to a specific directory (ie D:\Pro_CFG\ModelCheck) but it looks like the dictionary is not stored there. How can I change this ?

mender
6-Contributor
(To:RaphMORIN)

I'm not sure, just looked at code.  It looked like if your modelcheck directory was somewhere else, then text/french/spell under it would be used to look for user_words.  But if you're not observing that, then it's good that setting the rights got the job done for you.

(Thinking about it, I can envision a reason that it would be set up this way, only allowing the loadpoint's user_words -- a company may not be interested in allowing individuals to declare words as OK, but instead retain control over that concept.)

For what it's worth, I'll add that we use a network install of Creo and allow all users to update the ModelCheck dictionary. We get away with it because all drawings go through a checker plus any downstream users (Mfg, Quality, Purchasing, etc.) that notice a problem are generally very eager to point out even the tiniest mistake made by Engineering. This keeps the dictionary clean enough that I don't worry about it at all. Mileage may vary depending up on the company, so anyone reading should take this into account.

If you have admin rights on your computer, then I would guess the folder was set to read-only during Creo installation. You should be able to change it to read-write.

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:DonSenchuk)

Thanks Don, this is right. I changed the rights on the user_words file and it works now.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags