cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo flicking between open windows on mouse click - Windows 7

ptc-3088454
3-Visitor

Creo flicking between open windows on mouse click - Windows 7

I have an issue on a workstation running Windows 7 SP1 with Creo 6.0.1.0 installed. We have multiple workstations with Creo 6.0.1.0 running on W7 SP1 but only one has this problem.

When second, and subsequent, model windows are opened the program refuses to settle on one window and allow me to interact with the model. What I mean is that when the new model window opens, any mouse click results in Creo switching back to the base window. However any mouse click here then sends me to the second model, and so I then get stuck in this loop. Enough mouse clicks and enough luck and it eventually settles on one model and I can activate the window and begin work.

The problem only appears to affect Creo and only on this workstation. Has anybody encountered anything like this before?

I considered a stuck windows key or tab key on the keyboard, but as I said, the issue only seems to affect Creo.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:ptc-3088454)

Yes it has happened to me. Its not just Creo. It happens with Solidworks as well. Here it only happens to people with multiple screens.

On windows 7 I was able to do the following to stop it:

Type "adjust the appearance and performance" of windows into the start run search and then uncheck the option “Enable Desktop Composition”

It happened to me on Windows 10 as well but only when flash was running inside a browser so I just learned to avoid having a browser open with flash.

Ultimately it is a graphics card issue so you can try different favors of drivers to see if you can get one that works. Unfortunately that is a time consuming process though.

@ptc-3088454 

I would echo with @Chris3, it is graphics and testing with driver update may help. Also, you may try adding config option graphics with value as win32_gdi in config.pro to test the same. 

Thank you both for your input. Based on your replies I've tried turning off "enable desktop composition" but it didn't resolve the issue unfortunately. I also added the "graphics win32_gdi" option to the config file, but again, it was no better. The last option is to try a different graphics driver and hope it's a hardware setup issue. Thanks for your help.

@ptc-3088454 

You may try the same in new standalone session (without Windchill, if configured) started without any config settings. If issue is due to conflict of any option, this will point to config file... 

Hello,

I have the same problem on creo 7. Is anyone know how to resolve it?

I also have a creo 4 that works perfectly.

Thank you,

Asher

Top Tags