cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo flicking between open windows on mouse click - Windows 7

AN_8820882
4-Participant

Creo flicking between open windows on mouse click - Windows 7

Hello,

I have an issue on my laptop running Windows 7  with Creo 7.0.1.0 installed.

When second, and subsequent, model windows are opened the program refuses to settle on one window and allow me to interact with the model. What I mean is that when the new model window opens, any mouse click results in Creo switching back to the base window. However any mouse click here then sends me to the second model, and so I then get stuck in this loop. it ends only when I minimize the creo righr creo window and open it again bu using win+D buttons.

The problem only appears to affect Creo eventhough I have creo 4 installed that works perfectly.

Has anybody encountered anything like this before?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Asher

7 REPLIES 7

@AN_8820882 wrote:

Hello,

I have an issue on my laptop running Windows 7  with Creo 7.0.1.0 installed.

When second, and subsequent, model windows are opened the program refuses to settle on one window and allow me to interact with the model. What I mean is that when the new model window opens, any mouse click results in Creo switching back to the base window. However any mouse click here then sends me to the second model, and so I then get stuck in this loop. it ends only when I minimize the creo righr creo window and open it again bu using win+D buttons.

The problem only appears to affect Creo eventhough I have creo 4 installed that works perfectly.

Has anybody encountered anything like this before?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Asher

Hi,

• problem can be caused by too old graphic card drivers
  • note 1: Creo 7.0.1.0 has a serious bug, therefore PTC removed it from download page
  • note 2: Creo 7.0 does not support Windows 7

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I forgot to mention it is a 7.0.1.0 Educational Edition.

my computer is old but maybe someone do have a solution?

my graphic driver is up to date (nvidia geforce 103m).

Thank you!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AN_8820882)

As Martin said, Windows 7 is not a supported OS for Creo 7. You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 64bit.

Nvidia GeForce are not supported. Some may work, but in your case it looks like they don't work with Creo 7.

Not sure if your graphics card would be supported on Windows 10 64bit, either.

@AN_8820882 wrote:

Hello,

I forgot to mention it is a 7.0.1.0 Educational Edition.

my computer is old but maybe someone do have a solution?

my graphic driver is up to date (nvidia geforce 103m).

Thank you!

Hi,

if current version of graphic card drivers does not work, then you can try older version. Before you do this, try adding following option into config.pro file temporarily (and restart Creo).

graphics win32_gdi

If setting of this option resolves the problem then you know (for sure) that the problem is related to graphic card drivers ... and you can experiment with installing different versions of graphic card drivers.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I tried the graphics.. command in the config file but the problem remained...

is there any different direction?

Thank you very much!

@AN_8820882

In addition to responses from other community members, you may try adding below config options

enable_opengl_fbo no 

enable_opengl_vbo no 

enable_opengl_shader no 

Hello,

I tried your solution but unfortunately didn't resolved.

looks like it a different direction than the graphics?

Thank you very much!

Top Tags