cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo timeout

ptc-6290714
1-Newbie

Creo timeout

We have 5 licenses that are being shared by 10 different people.

The timeout setting is too short, how do I increase the time so people don't lose the license when they are idle for a few minutes?

8 REPLIES 8

John,

I use "older" version of FLEXnet (10.8.x) on license server in combination with Creo Parametric 2.0 on client machines. I installed it using ProE WF5 installation package. The installation created FLEXlm server for PTC service. The service starts two lmgrd.exe and one ptc_d.exe processes.

FLEXLM_LOADPOINT\licensing\license.dat file

---

This file must contain line similar to this...

DAEMON ptc_d D:\PTC\flexnet\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe D:\PTC\flexnet\licensing\ptc.opt

FLEXLM_LOADPOINT\licensing\ptc.opt file

---

This file contains the following line (by default):

TIMEOUTALL 7200

---

This means that all licenses have the timeout 7200 seconds. Default minimum is 1200 s (it is not allowed to set lower value).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin,

can i ask you if setting timeout works for both license (for example Creo Parametric) and extensions (for example PIPING)? i mean, if an extension goes timeout will it be possible to obtain again?

thanks

Regain of license depends on availability. If a license returns to server due to timeout and if that license consumed by other user, there will not be any license available for first user. 

thanks!

Hi,

TIMEOUTALL option is common for all floating licenses and floating options available in license file. Extensions like Mechanism Design (code 127) in old Creo packages are locked to Creo license. Therefore TIMEOUTALL is not applied on them.

Martin Hanák
cspinelli
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

thank you very much

...I've often wanted to put creo in a timeout for being bad, and don't even get me started on Windchill......  🙂

Staahhhhhp!!!! I knew someone on these forums had a sense of humor 🙂

Top Tags