cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Default Note Justify-where is it?

_DF_
1-Newbie

Default Note Justify-where is it?

Creo's default setting is justifying notes and dimensions with leaders based on which side of the view the note is on.

right justified ---------->view

right ju

etc

right-------------->view

hand justify

etc

view<--------left justified

left justified etc

(may not line up precisely but you get the idea)

This looks pretty good and is perfectly legible, but apparently everything needs to be left justified (the issue comes up more with multiline notes, hole callouts, etc). Only problem is, I can't find the configuration option to change whatever the current setting is to left justify as the default. There's all kinds of positional text options, but they only seem to care about the vertical position of the annotation relative to the leader. I don't want to wast time manually toggling this every time I want to make a multiline note.

I asked my CM guy "with 35 years of engineering experience" about why the right hand justify was a problem (I'm definitely of a more recent vintage, and I'm used to drawing display defaults such as line weight and text size not really needing modification) and from the response I might have well asked him why the blood of innocents was an unacceptable substitute for ink (although the printer might work better...). Also I checked the DRM just in case I was missing something, and while all the examples in there are left hand justified so far there's been nothing that outright states (and he couldn't come up when anything either, altohugh there is a blanket stylistic exception for CAD drawings as long as they are legible) this is a "shall" requirement. Apparently that's just the way it's always been (and I do appreciate left hand justifying is practically automatic when drawing by hand). It was like asking why people don't walk around upside-down on their hands or some other thing that doesn't even register in the mind of the other person as a viable option.

So if it's supposedly THAT obvious, why is Creo apparently set up to do this out of the box?

I really, really hope my google fu is failing me and there is a simple option that I'm missing either in the .dtl or config.pro files I can change and propagate, instead of having to do it manually every single time. I'm also still really surprised by way the conversation turned. Until I explained that the program was doing this automatically (and aside from the leader alignment thing I didn't care except it might be a pain to change the default) I might as well have been growing extra limbs from the way he was looking at me.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:_DF_)

Within a drawing, you can modify the default text style (or any other text style), setting the justification you like.

See Knowledge Base Artcle CS108851 : How to understand the Horizontal Justification in Modify Text Style dialogbox for the detailed view note in Creo Parametric under

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS108851

Top Tags