cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Display an Excel spreadsheet on a drawing

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Display an Excel spreadsheet on a drawing

Hello all,

I would like to display an Excel sheet on a Creo drawing. I used the technic explained on this forum, ie Object>Create from file>Select my file>click Ok. But unfortunately it only displays a sort of texte box with the excel filename (image below). If I double click on it, it opens the excel file. But I would like to display the content of the excel file. Is it possible ? Do I have a config problem ?

Capture.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Raphael,

the same result as in the previous discussion ...

I use Creo Parametric 2.0 M070 64-bit English and MS Excel 2010 32-bit Czech. Object>Create from file>Select myexcel.xlsx>click Ok and I can see my Excell sheet inside the drawing. Maybe Office reinstallation removes the problem ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Raphael,

what version of Microsoft Office is installed on your PC ?

In 2008 I was able to put Excel sheet into ProE drawing.

I used MS Office 2003 and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 3.0.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin, I'm using Office 2010 !

Raphael,

the same result as in the previous discussion ...

I use Creo Parametric 2.0 M070 64-bit English and MS Excel 2010 32-bit Czech. Object>Create from file>Select myexcel.xlsx>click Ok and I can see my Excell sheet inside the drawing. Maybe Office reinstallation removes the problem ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks Martin, I now know what I have to do !!

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

Hello Martin, after a fresh install everything works fine.

I think the problem was that my Office package was preinstalled on my PC when we bought it. You know the kind of install that gets downloaded when you start for the first time the computer !!

That new possibilité for me to include excel sheets in my drawings gives me ideas.

What kind of relations can we make or use between Creo and Excel ? What are the best uses of excel sheets in Creo ?

Thanks again.

Top Tags