cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Empty WVS Job Monitor?

pcnelson
1-Newbie

Empty WVS Job Monitor?

Hello, this past weekend I have noticesd that there isno more data being populated to the WVS Job Monitor. Itno longer shows any jobs, in Successful, Failed, Ready, etc. Publishing is apparently still working, and Ican occasionally catch a job executing using the Executing filter, but after it is done none of the other filters will not show it (Successful or Faiuled). IT virtualized our publishing server the weekend before this started, so I am thinking it’s related, but I need some guidance with what to check or what settings need to be changed. Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Do you have a scheduled task to run to delete all the finished Queues? That
can be found in the WVS Scheduler.

No, but that is a great idea if I ever get the history back. I havent gotten around to setting somethig like that up, and have been manually deleting themas I monitored the logs. Thanks!

Pete,

I've seen the behavior you are describing when the property below set to true in the wt.properties file.

wt.queue.removeCompleted.PublisherQueue(n)=true

This property should be set to false if you want to see completed jobs in the WVS Job Monitor.

Thomas

Thomas, that is it!

PTC Tech support had me run some scripts for an unrelated issue a day before the server was moved and the property was reset. When I ran the scripts to undo the chages apparently they didnt reset everything. So now I am wondering what else was not reset. I do have a backup of the wt.properties fileI made before running the PTC scripts. Do you know howI can restore that copy to be sure I am back to square one? I am guesing it's not as simple as copying the old over the modified version. Thanks for your help.

Top Tags