cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Error: I can not run the setup.exe for Creo3 64-bit

atibbe
1-Newbie

Error: I can not run the setup.exe for Creo3 64-bit

Knipsel.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:atibbe)

Annemarie,

Extract the zip file (Installation media) to a folder and start setup from that folder, looking at the error seems you have extracted the files to desktop.

Does not matter where I extract it to, I still get this specific error. Can you be more specific about extracting it to? Even when I choose any destination on C...

Annemarie,

did you launch setup.exe using Run as Administrator option ?

What operating system do you use ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes I also tried that, am running on Windows 8, 64 bit.

Annemarie,

try to delete pim directory containing baselibmt.dll file. Maybe there are other instances of pim directory in %TEMP% directory or in other subdirectories of C:\Users\username directory.

What version of Creo 3.0 you are installing ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Knipsel.JPG

As a student I am trying to download the Creo 3.0 64 version. This results in a .zip file which I extract to anywhere basically. Deleting pim or only baselibmt.dll file results in error or just in nothing happening.

Annemarie,

to get version of Creo 3.0, go to the directory containing unzipped ZIP file and then to pim\xml subdirectory. Open pma.xml in Notepad. On 3-rd line you will find shipcode="version" (in my case shipcode="M020").

I am sending you baselibmt.dll file from my installation package. Go to the directory containing unzipped ZIP file and then to pim\i486_nt subdirectory. Rename the current baselibmt.dll to baselibmt.dll_old and place my baselibmt.dll file. Try to run setup.exe.

Also you can switch your Regional Settings to English and give it a try.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Same version. M020. Replacing makes no difference to the error. I might try alternative ways of downloading Creo3.0

Annemarie,

just information for you ...

I use 7-zip for unzipping dowloaded ZIP file. I can't recommend to use ZIP/UNZIP utility available in Windows. 7-zip displays warning/error when ZIP file is not OK.

Try to run setup.exe in English language:

• open Command Prompt window as Administrator
  • launch this command in Command Prompt window ... set PRO_LANG=english
  • launch this command in Command Prompt window ... PATH_into_uzipped_file\setup,exe

Good luck !

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Also tried downloading a different file, version 3.0 M010, same problem. Different unzip same result, the command thing, same result, running for corrupted files does not show any relevant. Let me try the Creo 2.0 version.

atibbe
1-Newbie

Strangely the 2.0 version installs totally fine.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why the 3.0 version does not, I am still interested in hearing

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

ok, try this

1. Copy baselibmt.dll from <CD>\pim\i486_nt

2. Paste in root folder of installation media (along with setup.exe)

3. Try executing setup.exe.

Top Tags