cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Get config to stay?

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

Get config to stay?

All -

I have a user whose Creo session is not picking up his config even though the 'Start in' folder is set correctly (and was working fine yesterday...). It opens with that prompt to pick a folder he has permission to, and then we have to import his config. Even after saving it, subsequent sessions are still requiring the same process.

I know I've seen this before, but I can't seem to get this one to stick - any ideas?

Thanks in advance-

Chrystal Johnstone

Red Dot Corporation

Seattle, WA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Configs, at least in the WF an prior paradigm were read in this order upon each start up of a Pro/E session:

1. Install directory (Text folder, l believe is where it is stored - this is usually for company wide settings - typically companies will use a startup script that pushes the latest "company standard" config.pro into the client install folder before pro/E is launched)

2. Home directory config.pro (usually in Windows C:\users\%username%\ - usually for personal settings/preferences

3. Startup directory config.pro - this could be for particular settings you want to set for a project. Maybe a different client wants unique drawing templates/formats - you could have multiple projects with multiple shortcut launches on your desktop each with their own start-in directory with their own config settings for that project

last read-in option is the the setting that takes precedent unless you also use a "CONFIG.SUP" in the text directory. settings in config.sup cannot be overridden be settings in th config.pro files.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Does this user have read/write permissions for the “start in” folder?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags