cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error installing Creo Design Essentials license (no PLM included)

MS_Santos
13-Aquamarine

Error installing Creo Design Essentials license (no PLM included)

I had Creo 8.0 installed on my machine, and I needed to install Creo 10, but my Flexnet wasn't compatible, so I had to remove everything and install Creo 10 again, but now it doesn't want to install Flexnet again, is there any way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

find someone who can visit you personally and help you to solve the problem.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

find someone who can visit you personally and help you to solve the problem.

Martin Hanák

I was in a similar situation a number of years ago - IT guy renamed our server and didn't tell anyone, then tried to "fix" the Flexnet but instead made it unfixable. The only way I could get it fixed was to get a PTC expert involved. Had to do a remote access with the person so they could do some really obscure things to repair the damage.

The core of the problem when I was dealing with it was that the FlexNet installation was damaged to a point where it was no longer removeable. An uninstall would leave behind files that would prevent a "fresh" install from working. I don't remember exactly, but there might have been some lingering registry entries that were pointing to bad things, or something like that.

These days, when I need to update the FlexNet stuff, I make sure to clean the old stuff out completely before attempting to install the new stuff. It's usually a very nervous and sweaty Saturday morning operation.

Top Tags