cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Exception - code was -1073741819

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Exception - code was -1073741819

Is there anyone here who has not had a crash with this error code showing up in their std.out file at some time in their career? Does anyone have a definitive answer to how to fix this? I have gotten this message at different times since release 2000i2 at least, on different computers and different operating systems, different graphics cards, in different countries.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I have not had that code... Usually it's: glxMakeCurrent 1073283066 exception 1073741787 and the occasional blue screen: nv4_disp.dll de321617 base de1d5000 address The suggested fix "updating the video card driver" has no effect.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:dhoeschen1)

Your's is certainly more complex and subtle than mine The usual suggestion to fix it is to change the config.pro setting from "open_gl" to "win32_gdi". I've tried both settings and they make no difference. I throw down a challenge to anyone from PTC who is reading this. What does this mean? When will you get to the bottom of it? If you google this problem it shows up across the world with different ProE users and goes back to 2001.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

I just did a search back on our network drive for Pro-E and found 56 std.out files with this error over the last year and a half or so... not counting any that got deleted over that time period.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Darrell
12-Amethyst
(To:CBenner)

I see this all the time with our users. It seems to be a generic code for unexplained crashes. I think it means Pro/E crashed and we don't know why.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:Darrell)

"Chris Benner" wrote:

I just did a search back on our network drive for Pro-E and found 56 std.out files with this error over the last year and a half or so... not counting any that got deleted over that time period.

CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

They're all over the map, depending on what our working directory was at the time... so there may have been hundreds that got overwritten in the last 3 years.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Well, it is a generic/cryptic/useless error code, but I have encountered it usually when developing JLink applications.

In most cases the crash was caused by a problem in the text file that includes the messages and the most likely cause was either the lack of the two '#' signs at the end of the file or some garbled text in the middle.

Sometimes a simple editor like notepad might add some unreadable letters into the file, or use CR/NL sequences that JLink doesn't like. Notepad++ is very helpful to prevent these cases though.

It is a shame that PTC hasn't added some more useful explanations to their error messages, but.... well...

Just my 0.02$

Uriel

Top Tags