cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Feedback on Kenesto PDM

GPa
3-Visitor
3-Visitor

Feedback on Kenesto PDM

Hi, 

My division is switching from SolidWorks over Creo. I'm looking for a PDM solution that can be accessed internationally, and works well with both CAD systems. 

I've heard some good things about Kenesto.com  cloud PDM, but mostly on the SolidWorks forums.  It would be easier to implement than some of the bigger names like Windchill. And it is only about $25/user/month. 

Has anyone used it for Creo or other CAD file management?  Insights? Other solutions you like?  

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:GPa)

CEO of Kenseto is Mike Payne, one of the early members of PTC and co-founder of Solidworks.

This product seems to be directed at only data management, not PLM, like Windchill is.

If you only need data management, it might work for your needs.

One issue with 3rd party suppliers, how much of a delay is there between primary CAD software update releases and the data manager update release, if needed.

If they are just taking documents into the system, no issues, as a file is a file.

If they are driving applications with their data management system, launching CAD from the work group manager, then you will need periodic updates for changes in the CAD structures.

GPa
3-Visitor
3-Visitor
(To:BenLoosli)

Good points. I expect they would work pretty hard to stay compatible, but probably more SolidWorks users to keep happy than Creo.  

Top Tags