cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Fill a part as uniformal volume

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Fill a part as uniformal volume

Hello,

I´m going to make a prototyp from a very complex model. For that I´m scaling all the pieces very small to make like a toy of a very big robot. For that I´m saving all the pieces as Stereolithographie. My problem is that some of the pieces have very complex structure. Perhaps in the motors or other parts, there are houndreds of pieces. I don´t need all this pieces inside, i just need the kontour from outside of my part.

I want that inside of the parts it´s all solid, to fill a part from inside so when I make a cut it seems like a uniformal solid peace, no gears, screws, nor empty space, but a full material part. I have tried with "fill", but it doesn´t seems to work.

Thank you

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:gcontreras)

Hi Garcia,

Maybe best option is to publish outer surfaces and copy them to another part that you will solidify after removing holes in those surfaces. New feature in Creo 3.0 comes to my mind where you can copy surfaces and auto untrim them - remove holes.

Have you tried saving the assembly as a Shrinkwrap, and then maybe Solidifying the resulting model?

You may have to experiment with the Shrinkwrap settings a little, but I'm guessing you'll want holes filled and maximum quality.

Top Tags