cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Followup on Creo Admin 102 talk - M060 update

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Followup on Creo Admin 102 talk - M060 update

For those of you who attended my talk at PTC Live Global last week. I just wanted to send out this summary of my m060 update.

As they say the proof is in the pudding. Yesterday I downloaded m060.

I've now finished the scripts and zip file for our m060 update. I spent less than 8 hours on this total. I expect next time it will take even less time.

Some time-saving things I did were:

1. I edited each of the xml files from m050 so that I didn't have to reconfigure the software.

[cid:image001.png@01CE6C16.381E8E50]

2. I used a script to only install Creo so I could collect the new versions of the creoagent and thumbviewer from the load point.

Like this:

rem ** Install Creo software and Creo help

"C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\Creo 2.0-m060 software\setup.exe" -xml "C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\new_install\creobase.p.xml"

"C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\Creo 2.0-m060 software\setup.exe" -xml "C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\new_install\pma.p.xml"

"C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\Creo 2.0-m060 software\setup.exe" -xml "C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\new_install\sim.p.xml"

"C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\Creo 2.0-m060 help center\setup.exe" -xml "C:\ptc\Staging_Folder\Creo 2.0-m060\new_install\creohelp.p.xml"

All that's needed for this are the installers you downloaded and the xml files you edited.

3. I edited all the startup scripts and just replaced m050 with m060

4. Because Versions for Creoview and CreoView Express have not changed, I just reused those along with the reg file, fonts, etc.

5. I edited the install script by just replacing m050 with m060

6. I did the same to the staging and scheduling scripts.

After editing all the files, and collecting everything, I made a new zip file and placed it, along with the staging and scheduling scripts onto my server.

I'm ready now to roll it out to a few users for testing. I already tested the full process by updating my laptop.

As a side note, I did all the preliminary install and testing in Virtual box, so I didn't do my machine until after I had everything working to my satisfaction.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags