cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Force Window Activation?

DanielBrown
1-Newbie

Force Window Activation?

Another question from a new Pro/E (WF3) user here. I usually have at LEAST two windows of Pro/E open at once, a part and a drawing. This seems to be the only program in existence that does not automatically activate the window you have on top. It would stand to reason that the have included the functionality somewhere, perhaps an option I have turned off in my default settings? All I want it to do is activate the window I have in front automatically, like every other program I've ever used. There HAS to be a way to automate that, instead of clicking a box on the toolbar EVERY time I want to change active windows.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Use the window button on the top tool bar instead of the tabs on the bottom of the screen to switch between windows.

Pressing Control + A activates the window and can be done in half a second using the left hand while the right hand stays on the mouse (assuming you're right handed.)

Ah, that works out rather nicely, Chris, thanks!

Really is, isn't it? Progress?
Top Tags