cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

General Creo Functionality: Screentip/status bar information missing

LawrenceS
18-Opal

General Creo Functionality: Screentip/status bar information missing

Information bar, status bar, information area, message bar...

I don't know what the official name of this section is, but ProE used to have a screentip display at the bottom left corner of the window that showed information about whatever the mouse hovered over. It is different from the tooltip in that it was displayed instantaniously, did not move, and did not get in the way of the model (and always showed up in the same place, which made it faster to reference). As I am testing Creo I am realizing how much I miss that section because it was apparently removed in Creo. Does anyone know if there is an option to display that section again? See picture below to understand what section is missing:

ProE-WF4--message area.JPG

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The config option you are looking for is summary_help - the default is no

I missed it very much too!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The config option you are looking for is summary_help - the default is no

I missed it very much too!!

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for taking the time to point it out! SOOO much better now!

I am so glad that it is still an option!

I have been using this since Charlotte Halstead‌ pointed it out and it is very useful!  I have set it up with other people in the company too.  That being said, I wish PTC would make it so it doesn't overlap with the message log text.

E.g.

Perhaps PTC couldn't figure out how to easily avoid this overlap so they just turned it off by default...?

Don't get me wrong though, I am VERY glad that we can still turn it on and use it, even if it has the overlap. (I.e. PTC please don't remove this functionality! but if anything perhaps polish back to WF standards )

I also find this instant info pop up really great.

It worked the same in the Creo Parametric 4.0 beta test this March as it does in Creo Parametric 2.0.

I made sure i tested that.

I'm glad to hear that it is still available, but that is too bad that they did not fix the overlap or return it to the default.  Thanks for checking and relating that! 🙂

Top Tags