cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Getting Ready to Upgrade.

tcusick
1-Newbie

Getting Ready to Upgrade.

I have only been with this company for 1 year as of yesterday and the job of upgrading the MKS system has landed in my lap.

I'm concerned because I have absolutely no knowledge of MKS/PTC at all and was given the Upgrade instruction manual yesterday.

I started reading it and it is talking about security and rights and things that need to be installed before running this PTC Implementer.

I'm thinking that the Upgrade should not require all that detailed installation and that it should be easier to do than a full blown installation os MKS/PTC?

My question is, is there an easier installation guide for just upgrading the system than the full install/upgrade installation?

Can someone tell me how easy it is to upgrade the system because I'm starting to get a bit freaked out (especially with some of the warning in the install/upgrade manual)?

Thanks in advance for any and all help you people can give me...

Thomas Cusick 

Program Analyst 

Shop Vac Corporation 

(570) 329-4100 (office) | (570) 321-7266 (fax) 

E-MAIL: TCusick@shopvac.com 

http://www.shopvac.com

8 REPLIES 8
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:tcusick)

The community help area is for questions and concerns about this website.  You'll get more help if we can get this placed in the right community.

I'm not familiar with MKS, so I'm not sure where it should go. Toby Metcalf‌ should know and can move it for you and you hopefully can get the help you need.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Good day Thomas and welcome to PTC Community.

Doug is correct about moving this to the correct location.

Please let me know a little more about what you are trying to accomplish or which product(s) you are using; then I will move this to get it in front of the right eyes.

Best,

Toby

Well again I am very new to this whole product line and what I am attempting to find out is about Upgrading the PTC Implementer.

I was given the PTC Implementer 12.0 Installation and Administration Guide and was told we needed to upgrade our PTC programs to the latest version.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

PTC makes many products - MatchCAD, ThingWorx, Integrity, Arbortext adn the Creo line of CAD tools.  You mentioned MKS and with a little Googling I found this:

PTC Sets New Standard for Managing Hardware and Software Development Lifecycles with MKS Integrity Acquisition (NASDAQ:P…

I'm guessing that MKS is part of Integrity, perhaps?  If so, I'd say it belongs in the Integrity Community here:

Integrity

But that's really just a guess. 

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Doug,

You are correct.  We having been using MKS Integrity since 2002.  In 2011 PTC acquired MKS and incorporated the Integrity suite into it's product line.  PTC has made some excellent updates to the Integrity suite.

Dan

tcusick
1-Newbie
(To:DanR.)

Ok so you upgraded to PTC in 2011, is there anything special I should know or read up on to upgrade our MKS system to the current PTC?

We currently have version (833) and we are told we need to upgrade to the latest of PTC Implementer...

My issue is I know no knowledge of this product short of a few work things I was tasked with doing... and the person who was supposed to do this upgrade is not available and it was given to me to figure out how and what needs to happen to upgrade...

I'm wondering if all the instructions in the manual are need since I am doing an upgrade not a full installation?

Any assistance would be wonderful

DawnBlohm
5-Regular Member

Hi!

My name is Dawn Blohm and I am the Support Manager for Implementer.

I will ask one of my Technical Support Engineers to contact you directly.

Upgrading Implementer is actually fairly easy and takes less than an hour.  You can upgrade by using DVDs, or by using our Implementer Update Desktop Tool.  Users can be on the system, but cannot have Implementer in their interactive library list.  No IPL is required afterwards.  You're right, the Installation Guide is a bit heavy for a process that can be quite simple.

We'll be contacting you very soon!

Top Tags