cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Hide invisible lines on Drawing

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Hide invisible lines on Drawing

Hi guys,

I can't figure out how to adjust the settings for the following case. There's line (that lower part of the hole) that should be invisible because it is behind the object (bracket).

Any ideas? Everything else is great.  Thank you 🙂

12082017_1.png

8 REPLIES 8
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:pvn)

In the view properties, do you have the view display set to NO HIDDEN?

If there is intereference in parts assembled, that can also sometimes cause odd display issues.

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:StephenW)

Yes. It is set to NO HIDDEN. And there are no interferances. Are there any other settings that might affect this?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

The other possibility is that it's a surface which is controlled with a separate setting, particularly in section views.

pvn
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:dschenken)

What setting is that?

dschenken
21-Topaz I

View properties.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dschenken)

If there are surfaces and the view is a cross section, you will need to do the following:

1. in the model cross section definition, under the MODELS tab, you will need to check the INCLUDE QUILTS box

2. in the drawing, under view properties, view display, make sure the option HIDDEN LINE REMOVAL FOR QUILTS is set to YES.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Can you share the drawing and models with us? It would be much easier to figure out.

manjunathrv
17-Peridot

Isthere any sketch or curve that is not hidden?

Top Tags