cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Hide part in graphics area doesn´t affect drawing

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Hide part in graphics area doesn´t affect drawing

Hello,

have a basic question. Is it possible to make graphics area and drawing area independent from "HIDE" point of view?

Example:

- l´m working on some assembly and l hide part A

- open assembly drawing (regenerate active model + update sheets) ---> part A is hidden in drawing too.

Have not found any config options .

l know solution based on layers. Got some feeling, that there is some config option for this.

Thx for help

Milan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mbonka)

Nope, no option for controlling the hide function display in drawings.
I would suggest on-demand simplified rep for temporary hides, if you don't want it to affect your drawings.

Layers is the other suggestion but I don't much care for putting components on layers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

You can use "Component Display" under the "Layout" tab. It lets you blank out, change to transparent phantom lines, etc.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Nope, no option for controlling the hide function display in drawings.
I would suggest on-demand simplified rep for temporary hides, if you don't want it to affect your drawings.

Layers is the other suggestion but I don't much care for putting components on layers.

mbonka
15-Moonstone

Thx for answers.

Guys from hotline told me the same.

Just wanna be sure .

Top Tags