cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How/can (do) I make batch changes to part parameters?

jwaldorf
1-Newbie

How/can (do) I make batch changes to part parameters?

I'm working in Creo 2.  A new customer has requested an upgrade to a machine we built for another company a decade ago.  I've got the native Pro E files and the drawings. We currently use a start part with parameters that fill our current title block with up to date information.  I'd like to batch edit/add our current "start part" parameters to the old model.  Any idea of how to do this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can use distributed batch model check to make bulk changes to parameters. It's included on the install disk but needs to be installed when you install pro/e.

You can also use autoit, workspace pro and or jlink/ vb api or toolkit to automate the work if the values are different for each part.

Need more details of what needs to be done to be of more help.

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

You can use distributed batch model check to make bulk changes to parameters. It's included on the install disk but needs to be installed when you install pro/e.

You can also use autoit, workspace pro and or jlink/ vb api or toolkit to automate the work if the values are different for each part.

Need more details of what needs to be done to be of more help.

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

Thanks Don,

I've got Creo Distributed Batch already installed.  I use it for batch printing and creating step files... I hadn't even thought to look.

Ok Don,

I've been through DBatch and am at a loss at what I need to run to change the parameters of an entire job's worth of part/assembly files.  I've done a little googling and come up empty.  Is there a decent tutorial you might recommend? Or would you explain how to do this?

Hi John,

Take a look at the following

Making model check work for you

If you are needing to assign constant values to parameters like your name to the Designed_BY parameter you can use modelcheck in distribute batch mode to process all of the files in a directory.

the parameters are set in a file %start.mcs  which should be located in a folder %modelcheck\config\start\

If the values are different from part  to part then you will need to create a program to take care of the changes using one of pro/e programing api's like weblink, vb api, or toolkit.

Don

Top Tags