cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do I start PTC installation assistant?

SamWorthington
11-Garnet

How do I start PTC installation assistant?

I need to update my license files and can't find how to start the Installation Assistant? What is the usual filepath and name of the install file. This is an existing installtion. I've looked for possible .exe and .bat files, but am missing the blindingly obvioius.

Many thanks,

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for all the replies. It is just a node locked lisense, so it is a very trivial problem.

I've sorted it now, reconfigure.lnk is the file I need, on my machine it is located in:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Parametric\bin\

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:SamWorthington)

The license setting is just a single line in the .psf file located in the "bin" folder.  You can just manually edit it.

Don't need to install any application if you have the FlexLM manager already running, just need to put your new license file were the manager will find it and then restart the manager.

What version of Creo are you coming from and going to? If Creo 4 or newer, until Creo 9, you should be good with the same version of the license manager.

Hi @SamWorthington 

Reconfigure.exe in bin directory is to start installation assistant. Before moving ahead on this, I think sharing some more details may help 

1. Is it to update license file on server? 

2. Is that a lock license and to update standalone application only? 

Thanks. 

Thank you for all the replies. It is just a node locked lisense, so it is a very trivial problem.

I've sorted it now, reconfigure.lnk is the file I need, on my machine it is located in:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 7.0.2.0\Parametric\bin\

Top Tags