cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do i combine an annotation with an attribute?

nordlig
4-Participant

How do i combine an annotation with an attribute?

Hi, i want to combine an annotation/pos (item number) in the graphic view with one of our attributes (other than the standard item name) - is that possible?

ex.

1 - OLHE

("1" is the normal item number and "OLHE" is the attribute "Author" from Parametric)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nordlig
4-Participant
(To:nordlig)

I managed to find the answer at support.ptc.com.

Change the CalloutTemplates.XML in AppData under you user profile and the in the illustrate installation folder - there are two and they are buried deep down in the file structure. Make a search!

The solution below shows up but it has no label in the ribbon, and it works - just change the WHATEVER int o your specs.

<annotation id="WHATEVER" hasLeaders="true">

<name locid="WHATEVER"/>

<description locid="WHATEVER"/>

<tooltip locid="DEFItemNumberTooltip"/>

<thumbnail url="itm_prop2.png"/>

<leaders>

<line-style weight="1pt" color="#000000" halo="false" dashes="Solid" start="none" end="none"/>

</leaders>

<label canEdit="false">

<text font="Arial" size="10pt" color="#000000">

<useproperty category="System" name="pvITM"/> - <useproperty category="WHATEVER" name="WHATEVER"/>

</text>

<shape type="roundrect" border="true"/>

</label>

</annotation>

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
nordlig
4-Participant
(To:nordlig)

I managed to find the answer at support.ptc.com.

Change the CalloutTemplates.XML in AppData under you user profile and the in the illustrate installation folder - there are two and they are buried deep down in the file structure. Make a search!

The solution below shows up but it has no label in the ribbon, and it works - just change the WHATEVER int o your specs.

<annotation id="WHATEVER" hasLeaders="true">

<name locid="WHATEVER"/>

<description locid="WHATEVER"/>

<tooltip locid="DEFItemNumberTooltip"/>

<thumbnail url="itm_prop2.png"/>

<leaders>

<line-style weight="1pt" color="#000000" halo="false" dashes="Solid" start="none" end="none"/>

</leaders>

<label canEdit="false">

<text font="Arial" size="10pt" color="#000000">

<useproperty category="System" name="pvITM"/> - <useproperty category="WHATEVER" name="WHATEVER"/>

</text>

<shape type="roundrect" border="true"/>

</label>

</annotation>

Top Tags